We’re celebrating the new year with new and returning programs at the YMCA of Ithaca & Tompkins County! Check our website at IthacaYMCA.com or stop by anytime we’re open to learn about our new:
- Youth Water Polo. Harnesses the fun, dynamic aspects of the game in an easy to learn way. Instruction in skills, strategy, and sportsmanship for up to age 14. Scrimmages & games included. Must pass a swim test. Meets Sundays from Jan 22 – Feb 26.
- Youth Basketball Skills Program. Teaches ages 5-15 the fundamental elements of the game — shooting, dribbling, defense, and passing — in an encouraging group environment. Saturdays Jan 7- Feb 25.
- Y Kids Club. Supervised activities ages 6-12 to develop creativity, social and cognitive skill, and independence. Activities include arts and crafts, games, music, STEM, physical activity, and more. Fridays Jan 13 – Feb 17.
- Simply Wellness. An 8-week program shares the basics of fitness with a tailored workout for each class. Topics include goal setting, nutrition basics, cardio, flexibility, strength, endurance, and balance. Meets Mondays Jan 23 – Mar 13.
- Y Weight Loss Program. Twelve-week non-prescriptive program providing tools to create sustainable habit changes. Weekly, supportive, group-based meetings discuss challenges and celebrate successes. 18 & up. Wednesdays Jan 18 – April 5.
- TRX: A super fun suspension training system that uses body weight for resistance to give a total body workout, toning your core along with your upper and lower body. Mondays 7:30-8:30 am; all skill levels welcome.
- The Family Play Center: Features a two level indoor play structure alongside books, games, toys, puzzles, coloring supplies, and more. Visitors are welcome to use the space as long as they need; parents/guardians are required to supervise.
- Sunday Hours: We’re now open from 11 am to 3 pm on Sundays!
- Pickleball, Table Tennis, and Badminton Meetups. Weekly pick-up games take place in our gymnasium. Pickleball is Tuesday-Thursday 9 am-noon, badminton is Saturdays 12:15-2:15 pm, and table tennis is Sundays 12:45-2:45 pm. All skill levels welcome.
Additionally, we’re running a Dollar Days membership special this month! Through the 25th, your first month’s payment for a new/returning monthly membership will be equal to the calendar date when you sign up.