For better or worse, the forecast is looking like 40 degrees and rain for this Saturday’s YMCA Santa Run 5k and Elf Mile family fun run. While we may not be walking (and running) in a winter wonderland, we look forward to seeing everyone for an amazing morning at Stewart Park!
Here’s what to expect:
- At 8:15 am, registration opens at the Stewart Park Pavilion. There will be 1 table to sign in if you have registered ahead of time and 1 table for day-of registrations. There’s still time to sign up at ithacaymca.com/register.
- For those signing up on Saturday, note that only cash or checks for the 5k will be accepted. That is $25 for adults, $20 for youths, and $45 for family registrations. The Family Elf Mile is, of course, free!
- At 9:00, we’ll start to get ready. If you’ve dressed up for the costume contest, please come to the pavilion to have a photo taken in your favorite festive outfit.
- Our award-winning group exercise instructor Mark will lead a stretch and warm-up at 9:15. This is the time to get ready to get going!
- At 9:20, our 5k participants will start. The route is marked along Stewart Park’s woodland trail; two loops of the park make up the race. The Santa Run is non-competitive, but we will have a clock at the starting point so that you can keep track of your time.
- Once the 5k runners are on their way, everyone else will line up and go at about 9:25! The Family Elf Mile follows the paved route along the outer edge of the park. Just follow the signs.
At the end of the race, Y staff will have hot cocoa and hundreds and hundreds of cookies for everyone to enjoy. Join Santa and your fellow runners to celebrate your achievement and welcome the holiday season!