This is a Community Announcement from the Freeville Fiber Festival. It was not written by The Ithaca Voice. To submit community announcements, please send them to Matt Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freeville Fiber Festival
Sunday September 25, 2022
12 – 4pm
At the Freeville Farmers Market
43 Main St, Freeville, NY
Fiber farmers and artisans from around the area will be converging on the Freeville Farmers Market Sunday, September 25, 2022 12-4pm for a mini fiber festival! Wool and fiber from local and regional farms, hand-made and mill-made finished products with NY State wool and fiber. Find handspun yarn, spinning fiber, wool batting, whole fleeces, sheep skins, wool socks, hand knitted and hand woven goods, felted items, hand-dyed items, hats, wearable garments, blankets, household items and more! PLUS spinning demos, fiber processing demos and tools, information about fiber types and uses, and more!
There will also be some special guests, including a couple different breeds of sheep and angora rabbits to pet and learn about.
- Live music from Crown City Brass and a couple other local favorites!
- Besides the awesome regular market line-up, our vendor line up will include:
- Otter Lake Farm & Fiber – Gotland and Romeldale CVM sheep on exhibit, plus Gotland yarn, raw Romeldale CVM fleece, Gotland roving,
- Broad Strides Farm – Icelandic sheep fleece and handmade items
- Fleece & Thank Ewe Fiber Worx -hand-dyed and hand-spun art yarn, handmade items, spinning wheel demo
- Crooked Creek Sheep and Wool – Mill and hand-spun yarn in natural and dyed colors, handmade felted and knitted items
- GLF Woolens – Border Leicester locks, fleece, roving, yarn, handwoven items, blankets
- Oswego FiberWorks – English angora rabbits on exhibit, weather depending, angora fiber and wool blend products, handspun yarn, and more.
- Ace Acre Alpacas – Alpaca fleeces and mohair roving
- Mary Miller – handspun yarn, handwoven towels, handknits
- Laughing Winds Farm – Icelandic wool fleece, dryer balls, cat toys, nesting material
- Patricia’s Felted Hats – Felted Hats and knit accessories
- Rocky Top Farm Creations – Photo art of sheep and other Rocky Top Farm animals
- Hawk Hill Farm – Shetland wool, yarn, roving, and finished products
- Ellis Hollow Farm – Sheepskins, socks, raw wool and will exhibit her Ellis Hollow Sheep
The Freeville PTA will have baked goods on offer!
More information: freevillefarmersmarket.org/2022fiberfest