ITHACA, N.Y.—The Summer Concert Series is back for another year on the Commons, giving beloved local artists a weekly platform to showcase their music and attracting musical acts from around the country for performances each Thursday evening at Bernie Milton Pavilion.
The series lineup was announced at an event outside of Monks on the Commons. It was announced by Scott Rougeau, Special Events Director for the Downtown Ithaca Alliance, Senior Sales Manager Ryan Ann Cornish of the Ithaca Marriott Downtown and Luke Heptig, Marketing and Events Specialist for CFCU.
Weekly events will be held at Monks after each event, which are held Thursdays from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. from June 9 to Sept. 15.
The total line-up is:
- Vieux Farka Toure – June 9
- Kevin Kinsella – June 16 (Reggae Festival)
- Free Boody Institute – June 23
- Vee Da Bee – June 30 (Pride Week)
- New Planets – July 7
- Kitestring – July 14
- Cortadito – July 20 (held on Wednesday because of Grassroots Festival)
- Stone Cold Miracle – July 28
- Fall Creek Brass Band – August 4
- The Big Takeover – August 11
- Empire Kings – August 18
- Rose & The Bros + Good Dog – August 25 (The BBQ IV)
- Gunpoets – September 1
- Sim Redmond Band – September 8
- Maddy Walsh – September 15