ITHACA, N.Y.—Ithaca Police issued a press release regarding the discovery of a stolen vehicle around midnight the night of August 24 and a subsequent arrest made in the case.
According to the police’s narrative, a previously reported stolen car was seen pulling into an alleyway in the 600 block of West State Street. Upon approaching the car, police claimed Teheran Forest fled from the vehicle.
A K-9 unit was then used to search the surrounding area and Forest was located. He was found to be in possession of “a significant amount of controlled substances, and an illegal handgun in addition to the stolen vehicle.”
Forest also had three warrants out for his arrest on larceny charges at the time. Forest was charged with the following:
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 3rd degree, a Class D Felony.
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 2nd degree, a Class C Felony
- Criminal Possession of Stolen Property in the 4th degree, a Class E Felony
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 4th degree, a Class C Felony
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 5th degree, a Class D Felony
Forest was remanded to the Tompkins County Jail by the Honorable Judge Seth Peacock without bail.