ENFIELD, N.Y.—The Enfield Fire Company responded to Enfield Center Road on Saturday for a report of a structure fire at that location.
The incident occurred around 11:16 a.m. on May 15. The Enfield Fire Company reported that there were no injuries. They had the fire under control and all of the responding units were back to other work by 2 p.m.
Witnesses in the area said a plume of black smoke rose into the air after a large explosion-like sound. Reportedly, the fire was caused by a propane tank explosion.
“Firefighters extinguished the fire and were able to save a portion of the barn and its contents,” read a statement from the fire company.
Firefighters from Enfield were assisted by firefighters from Mecklenburg, Newfield and Trumansburg, plus back-up from New York State Police and Bangs Ambulance.
Photos are courtesy of Robyn Wishna of the Enfield Fire Company.