ITHACA, N.Y. –– Mark your calendars bus travelers –– the Tompkins County Area Transit (TCAT) spring service schedule is set to begin next week.
The new schedule starts Sunday, February 7, and ends Saturday, May 29. Several routes will be operating on different schedules, and some will not operate at all. As a note, TCAT has built-in flexibility to add trips on high-frequency routes 10 and 82 if and when demand exceeds capacity. These changes won’t be reflected on published schedules, on Google’s or other trip planners so in order to stay up-to-date riders are urged to check for extra service using TCAT’s bus tracker which you can find here.
Find the Spring schedule below:
Routes 11S, 13S, 14, 14S, 15, 20, 36, 37 and 53 will be operating the same schedule.
Routes 11N, 83, 84 and 93 will not be operating.
TCAT’s on-demand, app-based Tconnect 77 serving the Lansing-Etna area will expand service to Lansing Town Hall area.
The following routes will have adjustments:
- Route 10 Cornell/Commons –– Timing adjustments. More frequent service (11-minute frequency from 7:30 a.m. through 1 p.m., and 22-minute frequency for all other trips. Trips may be added based on demand. Check TCAT Bus Tracker or myStop app.
- 11 Ithaca College/Commons –– 30-minute frequency 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Otherwise hourly service. Added new stop at Vista Lane, between Longview and College Circle.
- 13 Commons/ Fall Creek/ IHS/ Ithaca Mall –– Timing adjustments to last southbound trip from the mall on weekdays.
- 17 TCAT/ Fall Creek/Commons –– Adjustments reflecting changes to other routes.
- 21 Trumansburg/Commons –– Timing changes. First two weekday trips depart 10 minutes earlier. Second outbound trip is demand drop-off only at Cayuga Medical Center. (Alert bus operator if you wish to be dropped off.)
- 30 Shops at Ithaca Mall/ Cornell/ Commons –– Frequency increased to every 15 minutes Monday-Friday. Frequency increased to every 30 minutes on Saturdays. (Frequency remains hourly on Sundays.) Timing changes for Saturday through Sunday
- 31 Convenient Care/ Cornell/ Commons –– Eliminated 7:27 a.m. first inbound trip from Convenient Care. Last outbound trip starts 10 minutes earlier at 8:30 p.m. from Green St. Station.
- 32 Airport/ Cornell/ Commons –– Slight timing adjustments on first trip. Added 8:10 a.m. inbound trip from Northwood. Eliminated 8:44 p.m. inbound trip from Ithaca-Tompkins International Airport.
- 37 North Lansing/Cornell/Commons –– Second trip will stop at Boyce Thompson Institute.
- 40 Groton/Cornell/Commons –– Last weekday trips depart 8 to 10 minutes later. Last outbound departs 4:40 p.m. from Green St. Station. Last inbound departs Groton Express Mart at 5:22 p.m.
- 41 Demand & Response Northeast/Cornell/Commons–– Eliminated midday trips.
- 43 Dryden/TC3/Commons (Select trips for Freeville and Groton) –– Minor timing adjustments Second afternoon Mon.-Fri. trip departs 2:10 p.m. Second Sat.-Sun. trip starts 5 minutes earlier or 9:35 a.m.
- 51 Eastern Heights/Cornell/Commons –– Service extended later. Last four trips Mon.-Sat. will serve Maple Ave. both inbound and outbound. See route 92 for weekend service to Maple Ave.
- 52 Caroline-Brooktondale/Cornell/Commons –– Minor timing adjustments.
- 65 Danby/Commons –– Minor timing adjustments to last weekday trips.
- 67 Newfield/ Cornell/ Commons –– Slight timing adjustment to last Sunday trip.
- 70 Ithaca Mall/ Cornell/ Commons –– Frequency reduced to hourly for early a.m. trips with increased frequency to every 30 minutes starting at 10:30 a.m.
- 72 Airport/Cornell/Commons –– Eliminated last trip Sundays (no 9 p.m. outbound from Green St. Station.)
- 81 Cornell Campus Service –– Timing adjustments. 30-minute frequency in peak direction. (In the off-peak direction, every other trip travels between North Campus and Vet School/Boyce Thompson Institute via express route through Forest Home.
- 82 Cornell Campus Service/East Hill Office Building –– Timing adjustments. 30-minute frequency. Trips may be added if there is increased demand. See TCAT’s bus tracker; MyStop or other apps.
- 90 Commons/Cornell Night Service –– 20-minute frequency Monday-Saturday until 9:23 p.m./ northbound and 9:40 p.m./southbound. Sunday frequency remains at every 40-min. Demand drop-off for A Lot Monday-Friday only.
- 92 Cornell Campus Service/ Nights and Weekends –– Service resumes for spring. Added weekend daytime service to East Hill Plaza. See route 51 for service to Honness Lane and Snyder Hill Road.
- 93 Cornell Campus Service/ Nights and Weekends NOT RUNNING –– See Route 51 for night service to East Hill Plaza, Honness Lane and Snyder Hill Road.
Riders or organizations desiring printed schedules can call TCAT at (607) 277-RIDE (7433), email staff at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a request to TCAT, 737 Willow Ave., Ithaca, NY, 14850, marked “schedule request.” (Please remember to provide a return mailing address.)
As always, TCAT advises riders to check for updates before boarding in the event of unforeseen delays or changes due to weather or emergency construction.
Additionally, TCAT continues to enforce coronavirus pandemic safety measures, which include requiring riders to wear face coverings, respecting permanent barriers adjacent to drivers’ seats that protect both drivers and riders when they are boarding and paying at the farebox and adhering to social distancing guidelines. TCAT will also continue to limit the number of riders to 25 per bus.