ITHACA, N.Y.—The latest Tompkins County Health Department potential COVID-19 exposure alert is for the Wegman’s deli counter, where health officials say a person worked at the counter during the period when they were potentially infectious before testing positive for the coronavirus.
The health department said the person who tested positive has entered isolation and the health department is in the process of notifying close contacts for quarantine.
- Saturday, Dec. 5, 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 6, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
“Anyone who may have been at the Wegmans Deli Counter during these dates and times should seek a test and closely monitor themselves for symptoms,” said Public Health Director Frank Kruppa. “We all must remain vigilant and limit our exposures. To reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, we’re reminding everyone to continue to wear a mask, stay six feet apart and consider density when going out.”
The following are directions for subsequent actions from the Health Department:
- It is recommended that you get tested at a Cayuga Health Sampling Site:
- Mass Sampling Site: The Shops at Ithaca Mall parking lot, 40 Catherwood Rd. Regular hours, Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM. This site has additional hours on December 12 and 13, 8:00am-1:00pm
- Downtown Sampling Site: 412 N. Tioga St. Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Appointment Required. Register for an appointment online at cayugahealthsystem.org or call the Cayuga Health Call Center at 607-319-5708. Regular hours for the Call Center are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM.
Wegmans shared with the Health Department that they are following COVID-19 precautions and cleaning protocols.