ITHACA, N.Y.—The Tompkins County Health Department has announced another potential public COVID-19 exposure, this time one that took place last weekend at the Walgreens on Meadow Street in Ithaca.
The individual who tested positive is in isolation and any close contacts are in the process of being notified and placed in quarantine.
The exposure took place on Sunday, Nov. 29, from 9:15 a.m.—5 p.m., when the employee was working. The positive result was received after the employee worked that day, but the exposure is still within the time period when they could have infected others.
According to the press release, Walgreens informed the health department that COVID-19 precautions and cleaning protocols are being followed.
As always, the following directions from the health department:
- It is recommended that you get tested at a Cayuga Health Sampling Site.
- Mass Sampling Site: The Shops at Ithaca Mall parking lot, 40 Catherwood Rd. Regular hours, Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM.
- Downtown Sampling Site: 412 N. Tioga St. Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Appointment Required. Register for an appointment online at cayugahealthsystem.org or call the Cayuga Health Call Center at 607-319-5708. Regular hours for the Call Center are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM. Cayuga Health occasionally adds weekend or extended hours. Please call 607-319-5708 for updated information.
- Monitor your health for any symptoms of cough, fever, congestion, and shortness of breath for 14 days from the last time specified above that you were at this business. For a full list of symptoms, go to the TCHD website.
- If you seek testing and the result is negative, continue to monitor your health for the full 14 days from the last time specified above that you were at this business. If you become symptomatic, seek testing again.
- If potentially exposed, Cornell University students should contact Cornell Health at 607-255-5155; do not go to an arrival or surveillance testing site.
- All other students and community members should seek testing at the Cayuga Health Sampling Site.