ITHACA, N.Y.—The Tompkins County Health Department has issued a potential public exposure alert for Applebee’s Grill and Bar in Ithaca, located at 2300 N. Triphammer Road. An employee worked two shifts during their potentially infectious period before testing positive for COVID-19.
The person who tested positive is in isolation, and close contacts have been identified and ordered into quarantine.
The potential exposures took place on two days:
- Monday, December 7, 10:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 8, 10:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The health department said Applebee’s assured them they were taking strict precautions around the COVID-19 pandemic.
Instructions from the health department are as follows:
- It is recommended that you get tested at a Cayuga Health Sampling Site:
- Mass Sampling Site: The Shops at Ithaca Mall parking lot, 40 Catherwood Rd. Regular hours, Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM. The Sampling Site is closed on December 17 due to weather.
- Downtown Sampling Site: 412 N. Tioga St. Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Appointment Required. Register for an appointment online at cayugahealthsystem.org or call the Cayuga Health Call Center at 607-319-5708. Regular hours for the Call Center are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM.
- Both sites will be open Saturday, December 19 and Sunday, December 20, 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Monitor your health for any symptoms of cough, fever, congestion, and shortness of breath for 14 days from the last time specified above that you were at this business. For a full list of symptoms, go to the TCHD website.
- If you seek testing and the result is negative, continue to monitor your health for the full 14 days from the last time specified above that you were at this business. If you become symptomatic, seek testing again.
- If potentially exposed, Cornell University students should contact Cornell Health at 607-255-5155; do not go to an arrival or surveillance testing site.
- All other students and community members should seek testing at the Cayuga Health Sampling Sites.