ITHACA, N.Y.—Two local retail workers have tested positive for COVID-19 and worked during their infectious period, meaning there is the potential that they infected people who were in the store at that time.
The infections were announced by the Tompkins County Health Department on Monday evening. They occurred on the following dates and times:
Home Depot, 410 Elmira Road, Ithaca
- Thursday, Dec. 3, 5-9 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 4, 5-9 p.m.
Walmart, 135 Fairgrounds Memorial Parkway, Ithaca
- Tuesday, Dec. 1, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 2, 7 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 3, 12 – 6 p.m.
Both individuals have tested positive and are in isolation and any close contacts are being notified so that they may enter quarantine.
Anyone who was at either of those locations during the times listed above should seek testing.
- It is recommended that you get tested at a Cayuga Health Sampling Site:
- Mass Sampling Site: The Shops at Ithaca Mall parking lot, 40 Catherwood Rd. Regular hours, Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM.
- Downtown Sampling Site: 412 N. Tioga St. Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Appointment Required. Register for an appointment online at cayugahealthsystem.org or call the Cayuga Health Call Center at 607-319-5708. Regular hours for the Call Center are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM.