ITHACA, N.Y.—The Tompkins County Health Department has published two potential public COVID-19 exposure warnings, this time for the Wegmans Sub Shop and the U.S. Postal Service location in downtown Ithaca.
Both situations pertain to people who tested positive and had been in those places during their potential infectious period before testing positive. The Wegmans worker and the Post Office customer are in isolation now, and the close contacts who have been identified have been placed in quarantine.
Potential public exposure may have occurred at Wegmans Sub Shop, 500 S Meadow St., Ithaca during the following dates and times:
- Saturday, December 5, 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, December 7, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Potential public exposure may have occurred at the U.S. Postal Service, 213 N. Tioga St., Ithaca during the following date and time:
- Friday, December 11, 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Directions are as follows from the health department, for people who were in those locations at the above times:
- It is recommended that you get tested at a Cayuga Health Sampling Site:
- Mass Sampling Site: The Shops at Ithaca Mall parking lot, 40 Catherwood Rd. Regular hours, Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM.
- Downtown Sampling Site: 412 N. Tioga St. Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Appointment Required. Register for an appointment online at cayugahealthsystem.org or call the Cayuga Health Call Center at 607-319-5708. Regular hours for the Call Center are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM.
- Monitor your health for any symptoms of cough, fever, congestion, and shortness of breath for 14 days from the last time specified above that you were at this business. For a full list of symptoms, go to the TCHD website.
- If you seek testing and the result is negative, continue to monitor your health for the full 14 days from the last time specified above that you were at this business. If you become symptomatic, seek testing again.
- If potentially exposed, Cornell University students should contact Cornell Health at 607-255-5155; do not go to an arrival or surveillance testing site.
- All other students and community members should seek testing at the Cayuga Health Sampling Sites.