ITHACA, N.Y.—A second public COVID-19 potential exposure alert has been issued for the Wegman’s deli counter, meaning another worker tested positive and worked at the counter during their potentially infectious period.
The potential exposure would have occurred on Wednesday, Dec. 9 from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. If someone visited the deli counter in the Ithaca Wegmans at 500 S. Meadow St. at that time, they are encouraged to receive a COVID-19 test.
The person who tested positive has entered isolation, and the health department is in the process of notifying close contacts so they may enter quarantine. There was also a public health alert issued about potential coronavirus exposure at the Wegmans deli counter for last weekend.
The following directions from the health department apply:
- It is recommended that you get tested at a Cayuga Health Sampling Site:
- Mass Sampling Site: The Shops at Ithaca Mall parking lot, 40 Catherwood Rd. Regular hours, Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM.
- Downtown Sampling Site: 412 N. Tioga St. Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Appointment Required. Register for an appointment online at cayugahealthsystem.org or call the Cayuga Health Call Center at 607-319-5708. Regular hours for the Call Center are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM.
- Monitor your health for any symptoms of cough, fever, congestion, and shortness of breath for 14 days from the last time specified above that you were at this business. For a full list of symptoms, go to the TCHD website.
- If you seek testing and the result is negative, continue to monitor your health for the full 14 days from the last time specified above that you were at this business. If you become symptomatic, seek testing again.
- If potentially exposed, Cornell University students should contact Cornell Health at 607-255-5155; do not go to an arrival or surveillance testing site.
- All other students and community members should seek testing at the Cayuga Health Sampling Sites.