ITHACA, N.Y, –– Tompkins County Area Transit (TCAT) is set to begin their winter service schedule starting on Sunday.
The new schedule will run for 10 weeks, from Sunday, Nov. 29, through Saturday, Feb. 6.
This scheduling is different than in past years –– TCAT typically starts a four-month winter-spring service period in late January. But now, TCAT is shifting their schedule adjustments to accommodate the large Cornell University population, creating a new shortened schedule change set to end when Cornell’s spring semester begins Feb. 8.
Here’s all the schedule changes you can expect to see:
- Routes remaining the same are: 11S, 14, 14S and 41.
- Route 84 and 92 will not run.
- Rural routes to include 20, 21, 37, 40, 52, 65 and 67 will not serve West Campus at Stewart Ave. @ University Ave. as the majority of students who use those stops will be out of town. These routes will return to previous alignments and serve downtown via Central Campus stops.
- 52 (Caroline/Commons) has also added Sunday service with three outbound starting at Green St. Station at 8:25 a.m.; 12:10 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.; and three inbound trips starting from Caroline Turnaround at 8:47 a.m.; 12:50 p.m. and 6:10 p.m.
- 65 ( Danby): Added one a.m. trip leaving from Aurora @ Commons at 7:45 a.m. and returning to Ithaca at 8:03 a.m. from Hillview Terrace Mobile Home Park.
- With the exception of one additional lunch hour trip, TCAT’s new app-based Tconnect 77 will continue on the same schedule through Feb. 6. There is also one added 11:35 a.m. trip from Shops at Ithaca Mall to reduce midday gap.
- 10 (Commons/Cornell): Service hours between 7:10 a.m. through 7:07 p.m. with frequency reduced to every 20 minutes.
- 11 (Ithaca College/Commons): Frequency reduced to every hour with the first five trips at Longview drop-off only. (Please alert your bus operator if you wish to stop.)
- 13 (Fall Creek): Will resume serving Shops at Ithaca Mall on select morning and afternoon trips.
- 13S (Fall Creek Shopper): Will start later just after noon Mon.-Fri. due to low ridership in the morning. Will start at 10:03 a.m. Sat.-Sun.
- 15 (Southside Shopper): All inbound trips will resume serving Titus Towers.
- 17 ( Fall Creek/Commons): Adjustments reflecting changes to other routes.
- 30 (Shops at Ithaca Mall/ Cornell/ Commons): Frequency reduced to 30-minute Mon.-. Fri. and hourly on weekends.
- 31 (Convenient Care/ Cornell/ Commons): Eliminated one outbound trip from Green St. Station by combining last two trips into one 8:40 p.m. trip. Eliminated inbound 8:07 a.m. trip starting from Convenient Care.
- 32 (Airport/ Cornell/ Commons): Eliminated 7:45 a.m. outbound trip from Green St. Station and eliminated the 9:33 p.m. inbound trip from Ithaca-Tompkins International Airport.
- 36 (Lansing Town Hall): First a.m. and second from last p.m. trip will serve Lansing Fire Station #3, via Ludlowville.
- 43 (Dryden/TC3): Added one additional trip on Saturday and Sunday
- 51 (East Heights/Cornell/Commons): Will serve Maplewood Apts. Sat-Sun.
- 70 (Ithaca Mall/ Cornell/ Commons): Frequency reduced to hourly; but please refer to the 30 for similar service.
- 72 (Airport/Cornell/Commons): Last outbound trip now leaves Green @ Commons at 10:10 p.m.
- 81 (Cornell Campus Service): Will start later in the morning at 6:45 a.m. from A-Lot. Early morning workers should contact Cornell Transportation about relaxed parking rule on campus over the winter. https://fcs.cornell.edu/announcements/2020-11-13/temporary-parking-accommodation-permit-holders. Reduced to 15-minute frequency.
- 82 Cornell Campus/ East Hill Office Bldg.): Frequency reduced to 30 minutes.
- 90 (Commons/Cornell Night Service): Last trip from Green St. Station is 10:03 p.m. Demand drop-off only for A Lot. (Please alert your bus driver.)
- 93 ( Cornell Campus Service): Last trip from Schwartz Performing Arts Center at 10:11 p.m. Route adjusted to serve Tower Rd.
All winter 2020-2021 schedules and maps are available for download on TCAT’s website here.
Riders or organizations desiring printed schedules can call TCAT at (607) 277-RIDE (7433); email staff at email@example.com or mail a request to TCAT, 737 Willow Ave., Ithaca, NY marked “schedule request.” (Please remember to provide a return mailing address.)
And as a reminder, TCAT continues to enforce coronavirus pandemic safety guidelines by requesting riders to wear face coverings. Additionally, TCAT will continue to limit the number of riders to 25 per bus. See TCAT’s COVID frequently asked questions here.