TOMPKINS COUNTY, N.Y.—The Tompkins County Health Department has issued a potential exposure alert for anyone who was at the Dryden VFW during certain hours this past week.
The health department said the person who tested positive worked at the Dryden VFW twice when they could have infected others. The exposures may have occurred on Oct. 27 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. and Oct. 28 between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
The person who tested positive is now in isolation and the contact investigation is being handled by their home county’s health department. They do not live in Tompkins County. Close contacts will be notified by their home county’s health department.
“All businesses in Tompkins County are encouraged to continue closely following COVID-19 safety protocols,” stated Frank Kruppa, Public Health Director. “It is important for the public to carefully consider the places they go and the interactions they have to limit their exposure and stop the spread of disease.”
For people who think they may have been exposed, the health department is advising that they get tested at the mobile sampling center at the parking lot behind the Shops at Ithaca Mall. Directions are as follows:
- Register for an appointment online at cayugahealthsystem.org or call the Cayuga Health Call Center at 607-319-5708. Regular hours for the Sampling Site and Call Center are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.—4:00 p.m.
- Monitor your health for any symptoms of cough, fever, congestion, and shortness of breath for 14 days from the last time you were at any of these businesses. For a full list of symptoms, go to the TCHD website.
- If you seek testing and the result is negative, continue to monitor your health for the full 14 days from the last time you were at any of these businesses. If you become symptomatic, seek testing again.
- If potentially exposed, Cornell University students should contact Cornell Health at 607-255-5155; do not go to an arrival or surveillance testing site.
- All other students and community members should seek testing at the Cayuga Health Sampling Site.