TOMPKINS COUNTY, N.Y. — Those wishing to receive a COVID-19 test at the Cayuga Health System’s testing site at The Shops at Ithaca Mall must now schedule an appointment ahead of time.
“To enhance the testing experience for area residents, the Cayuga Health Mass Sampling Site will require scheduled appointments for everyone seeking and meeting the requirements for a COVID-19 Test,” said Dr. Martin Stallone, CEO of Cayuga Health, in a release Wednesday. “Scheduling an appointment ahead of time will minimize traffic congestion and the wait times for people being tested.”
As a reminder, the criteria set by CHS are as follows:
- The individual has developed symptoms related to COVID-19
- Fever or chills
- Cough or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose or sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- The individual has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Cayuga Health is contracted by the individual’s employer, school, or other organization
- The individual has an upcoming procedure at Cayuga Medical Center
Cayuga Health officials also made the announcement on Wednesday morning that a new $99 testing option for those who wish to be tested but do not meet the criteria.
A call center has been set up to aid patients who cannot access the internet, need assistance registering or have questions about testing. Residents can reach the call center at (607) 319-5708.
For those without a vehicle, rides are available in a sanitized vehicle to the Cayuga Health Sampling Site. After registration, call 2-1-1 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. to schedule a free ride to your test.
The sampling center is located in portable structures at The Shops at Ithaca Mall parking lot at 40 Catherwood Road, and is staffed by Cayuga Health employees. It is available for pre-scheduled drive through testing from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.