ITHACA, N.Y. –– The Tompkins County Department of Motor Vehicles announced today that they will resume service Monday, June 15, by appointment only.
The DMV will resume in-person license, permits and non-driver ID transactions and only CDL permit tests will be given at this time.
Visitors are required to wear a mask to enter the building and continue to wear it within the building unless directed otherwise by staff. As well, visitors and staff are to maintain 6 feet of social distance to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
There is also a drop-box located in the foyer to limit contact between staff and patrons. Acceptable transactions for the drop-boxes are license plate surrenders, title only, new registrations and registration renewals.
Appointments may be made starting on Friday, June 12 by using this link.
Accepted transactions include:
- Standard, REAL ID and Enhanced License renewals and transfers from out of state
- First time applications to upgrade to REAL ID or Enhanced licenses or non-driver ID cards
- First time applications for non-driver Identification Cards
- Applications for CDL permits
- Conditional or Restricted Licenses
- New registrations
For information on vehicle registrations, please visit the DMV website, or call (607) 273-7187.