TRUMANSBURG, N.Y. — Rotary International has been on the frontlines fighting the scourge of polio through immunizations worldwide for 35 years. The goal is to eradicate it completely, and we are so very close. The entire African continent is about to be declared polio-free. And only two countries, Pakistan and Afghanistan, still have some cases. Widespread immunization is the only way our goal will be reached, as we send Rotary volunteers into cities and rural areas to immunize every child.
The U.S. district that includes Trumansburg’s club, District 7170, has organized a Restaurant Week, October 20th to 26th, and several of our generous restaurateurs have joined us, pledging a percentage of their gross income for a specific meal on a particular day during that week . Others have provided sponsorship contributions. Please patronize these generous restaurant owners and contribute to the fight to end polio worldwide.
• Monday, October 21, 5 to 9 p.m., Hazelnut Kitchen donates a percentage of dinner receipts
• Tuesday, October 22, 4 to 9 p.m., Little Venice donates a percentage of dinner proceeds
• Tuesday, October 22, Atlas Bowl sponsors “Pins for Polio” 4 to 9 p.m., donating all bowling proceeds
• Thursday, October 24, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Glenwood Pines donates a percentage of lunch proceeds
• Brews & Brats provided a sponsorship, and The African continent is finally about to be declared polio-free. The Falls Restaurant provided a major sponsorship.
Please patronize these generous folks and help us end this crippling scourge worldwide.