ITHACA, N.Y. — Want to win a pair of Grassroots tickets, four Hangar Theatre tickets or Ithaca Festival swag? We’re giving it all away to three people who complete our Ithaca Festival Scavenger Hunt this weekend.
The three-day festival, celebrating its 41st year, kicks off at noon Friday and wraps up Sunday. Our scavenger hunt will run throughout the festival.
The first-place winner will get two four-day weekend passes to the Finger Lakes GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance, which is happening from July 19 to July 22 this summer. The second-place winner will get four Hangar Theatre tickets to the 2018 Summer Mainstage Season. The third-place winner will get some Ithaca Festival swag. We’ll be announcing the winners next week.
Here are the rules:
- Each scavenger hunt mission is worth a given amount of points. You don’t have to complete all of them to submit your scavenger hunt but the more you do, the more points you’ll earn.
- Send us your results in a direct message via our Facebook page or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not break any laws, endanger yourself or others, invade people’s personal space or privacy, or trespass on property.
- You must follow all the instructions the mission requires or it won’t count toward your total score.
- In the event of a tie, we will pull our winners names at random on Facebook Live. The third-place winner will be selected by our staff for the most creative entry.
- All photos and videos must be originals. You can work in a team or get someone to help take the photo or video. But using someone else’s work will disqualify you.
- We will be publishing our favorite photos and videos from the Ithaca Festival Scavenger Hunt in The Ithaca Voice, both on our website and social media. All photos submitted for this contest are subject to be published without exception.
- The prizes are not meant to be resold. They’re for you, our winners!
Ithacans, here are your Scavenger Hunt missions with noted point values. Good luck!
- The Craft Fair is happening on North Cayuga Street from East Green to East Buffalo streets. Find your favorite vendor and take a photo of your favorite item. Let us know which vendor you are at! (10 points)
- Take a selfie of yourself at the Ithaca Festival Parade. (20 points)
- Pick your favorite food truck and snap a photo of your favorite snack or meal from there. Don’t forget to tell us which truck it’s from. (20 points)
- Find a statue on public property. Act like it’s your best friend and send us a photo. (20 points)
- We need a photo of a person wearing a vegetable or a person dressed as a vegetable. (30 points)
- Take a photo of the Volvo Ballet during the Ithaca Festival Parade. (30 points)
- Find an Ithaca mural downtown and take a photo with it. (40 points)
- The Press Bay Alley stage is being sponsored by Ithaca Underground. Take a photo OR a video of your favorite band, person, item, or food that you find in the alley. (40 points)
- Snap a selfie with a hard working Ithaca Festival volunteer. (40 points)
- On Saturday, pick one of of the following music or dance events and take a short video of the performers. New Roots Rock Band from 10:45- 11:45 a.m.; GIAC Jumpers from 4:50 – 5:50 p.m.; Fall Creek Brass band from 2 – 2:30 p.m.; Any After Dark event. See festival schedule for locations. (50 points)
- Find a dog. Take a photo of it. Dogs are good. If you get close to the dog, please ask permission to get near it. (50 points)
- Find a local hero and take a selfie with them (50 points)
- Take a short video of yourself, friends, family, or group of people dancing in the street. (50 points)
- Take a photo of the most interesting chalk art you find and send it to us! (50 points)
- Find a stranger who can juggle 3+ objects. Record them in action. (20 points for three items being juggled, plus 10 per additional object juggled!)
- Find the most unique alternative transportation method you can and take a photo or video of it. (60 points)
- Build us something we might find interesting and send us a video or photo of it. It can be any size and serve many or no purposes. (60 points)
- Take a photo of yourself reading a book from the downtown library or any place that sells books downtown! (Magazines and newspapers don’t count!) (60 points)
- Stand in the center of the Ithaca Commons and sing a song loud and clear for 20 seconds. Record a video of it and send us the video. Keep it family friendly, please. (100 points)
- The theme this year is Arts, Agriculture, Adventure! Use your creativity to take a photo you think embodies this theme. (100 points)
- The Ithaca Festival is the ultimate townie festival in Ithaca. Write us up to 100 words about your favorite part. (100 points)