TOMPKINS COUNTY, N.Y. — It’s a snow day for many schools in Tompkins County due to the winter storm.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for Ithaca and Tompkins County in effect from 4 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday. The area will see steady snowfall between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Five to eight inches of snow is expected. The snow is expected to end by early evening Wednesday.
The NWS says to plan on difficult travel conditions during the morning commute. As a reminder, odd/even parking is in effect in the City of Ithaca until further notice.
TCAT buses are operating today, but some are on snow detour. Details are below and more information is available on TCAT’s website.
Here’s an ongoing list of closings and delays in Tompkins County.
Have a cancellation or delay you would like included? Email Reporter Kelsey O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closings and delays for Wednesday, Feb. 7
- Dryden Central School District – Closed.
- Finger Lakes School of Massage – Closed
- Groton Central School District – Closed.
- Ithaca City School District – Closed. All school-sponsored after-school and evening activities are also canceled.
- Lansing Central School District — Closed.
- Newfield Central School District – Closed.
- Spencer-Van Etten Central School District — Closed
- Tompkins Cortland Community College – Closed. More information available here.
- Trumansburg Central School District – Closed
- TST-BOCES is closed. From Twitter, “TST BOCES is closed Wednesday, February 7, due to weather concerns; 11 and 12 month staff report; No BOE meeting.”
- Wells College is open for morning classes, but will close for the day at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. All essential services will remain open, and Campus Safety is available 24/7.
- The Food Bank of the Southern Tier Mobile Food Pantry at Tompkins Cortland Community College is canceled. The next mobile pantry date is March 9.
- Tompkins County Public Library – Closed.
- Carriage House Cafe is closed. If the weather clears up, The Loft will be open Wednesday night. It will reopen at 9 a.m. Thursday. Check their Facebook for updates.
- Route 14 of TCAT is on a snow detour beginning at 8:30 a.m. Route 14 cannot serve Chestnut St., and Campbell Ave, and will reroute onto Elm St., Hector St. (NYS Rt. 79) and Trumansburg Rd. (NYS Route 96.) Until further notice, Routes 11, 14 & 51 are on snow detour. Riders should check out TCAT’s website at www.tcatbus.com for updates.
- Catholic Charities at 324 W. Buffalo St. in Ithaca is closed.
- The YMCA of Ithaca and Tompkins County will close at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
- Supercuts of Ithaca is closed and will reopen at 9 a.m. Thursday.
- Denny’s in Ithaca is closed.
- The Common Council meeting Wednesday has been canceled.
- Finger Lakes Running Company will close at 4 p.m. Wednesday and reopen at 10 a.m. Thursday.
This page was last updated at 1:57 p.m. Wednesday.
Featured image: File photo