ITHACA, N.Y. — Need a place to get a free Thanksgiving meal for you or your family? Want to led a helping hand to those in need this holiday season?
There are several places throughout the county that will be hosting traditional Thanksgiving meals this week, complete with turkey and all the trimmings.
We’ve listed a few places we know will be open and ready to serve up a meal below, but let us know if we left something off the list by emailing us at email@example.com.
- The First Presbyterian Church, located at 315 N. Cayuga St. in Ithaca, will be offering a free Thanksgiving meal beginning at 6 p.m. According to the church website, the meal will consist of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, vegetables, and pies. The church is still looking for volunteers to help with cleanup and other duties. Click here for more information.
- A community Thanksgiving meal is being offered at St. Catherine of Siena Parish, located at 309 Siena Drive. The gathering begins at 5:30 p.m. and dinner will available at 6:15 p.m. Click here for more information.
- The Varna Community Association will be hosting a Thanksgiving meal — roast turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, salad, rolls, beverages, pie, and vegetarian lasagna — at the Varna Community Center, located at 943 Dryden Road in Varna, from 12:30 – 3 p.m.
- The Freeville Methodist Church will be providing a traditional Thanksgiving meal beginning at 1 p.m. at the church, located at 39 Main Street in Freeville. Walk-ins are welcome, but if possible, organizers are asking people to RSVP by contacting organizer Susie Eggleston 607-898-4713.
- The Salvation Army Church, located at 150 N. Albany St. in Ithaca, is serving up a Thanksgiving meal. The church will begin welcoming people at 11;#) a.m. and meals will be served from noon to about 2 p.m.
- The Danby Church is hosting a meal that will consist of turkey and all the trimmings from noon to 2 p.m. The church is located at 1859 Danby Road in Danby.