ITHACA, N.Y. — Buses and some other services in Tompkins County will not be operating for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Though service will be back Friday, check the schedule because some routes have been modified.
Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit – Closed Thanksgiving, modified hours Nov. 24
TCAT will not operate on Thanksgiving and administrative offices will be closed Nov. 23 so employees can enjoy the holiday with family and friends, TCAT said.
On the day after Thanksgiving, Nov. 24, administrative offices will re-open with normal hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but some routes will operate on a modified schedule.
- Routes 10, 81, 83, 90, 92 and 93 will not operate.
- Routes 14, 15, 20, 21, 30, 40, 41, 51, 52, 53, 65 and 67 will operate as normal.
- Routes 11, 13, 17, 31, 32, 36, 37, 43 (Express) and 82 will operate on adjusted schedules as follows:
- Rt. 11: Last trip departs Seneca St. Station at 8:27 p.m. and departs the College Circle Apts @ Ithaca College at 9:00 p.m. (ending at Seneca St. Station at 9:18 p.m.)
- Rt. 13: No 8:36 a.m. trip from Seneca St. Station to TCAT, 737 Willow Ave.
- Rt. 17: Normal service on routes that are scheduled to operate.
- Rt. 31: No 10:30 p.m. trip from Green St. Station.
- Rt. 32: No 10:15 p.m. and 11:25 p.m. trips from Green St. Station and no 10:46 p.m. from Ithaca‑Tompkins Regional Airport.
- Rt. 36: No 6:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. trips from Green St. Station and no 7:15 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. from Lansing Fire Co. # 3.
- Rt. 37: No 7:04 a.m., 8:17 a.m. and 4:16 p.m. trips from Green St. Station and no 7:50 a.m. from Lansing Fire Station #. 4; no 8:50 a.m. from Warren @ Farrell; and no 5:02 p.m. from Lansing Fire Station # 4.
- Rt. 43 (Express): No 6:55 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. trips from Green St. Station and no 7:22 a.m. and 5:05 p.m. from TC3/ Dryden.
- Rt. 82: Will only operate hourly beginning at 10:05 a.m. from A‑Lot (10:09 a.m. from Hasbrouck) Last trip departs East Hill Office Building at 6:40 p.m. and ends at Hasbrouck at 7:06 p.m.
The Tompkins County Department of Recycling and Materials Management will be closed Nov. 23 and 24 for Thanksgiving. The office will re-open Monday, Nov. 27.
The Recycling and Solid Waste Center will be closed Nov. 23 for Thanksgiving but will be open its regular hours, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Nov. 24 and 25.
There will be no curbside pickup Nov. 23. Collection will be a day late for the remainder of the holiday week. So, if your recycling day is normally Thursday, it will be picked up on Friday.
Tompkins County Public Library
The library will be closed Nov. 23 and 24 for Thanksgiving.
If there is a service disruption not on this list people should know about, email Reporter Kelsey O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org before Nov. 22 to have it added.