The following is a republished press release from Beta Theta Pi Fraternity and is NOT written by The Ithaca Voice. To submit community announcements directly to The Ithaca Voice, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITHACA, NY (September 1-3, 2017) – A team of eight brothers from Beta Theta Pi Fraternity at Cornell University will take turns bouncing in an inflatable bouncy castle on the Arts Quad of Cornell University starting Friday, September 1 at 6:00PM to attempt to break the Guinness World Record for Longest Marathon on a Bouncy Castle (team).
The current record is 43 hours, and the brothers of Beta Theta Pi intend to bounce for at least 50 hours in the event called “Betas Bounce Against Sexual Violence.”
Record rules require:
• At least one member of the team must be bouncing at all times
• No member may bounce for more than four hours at one time
• Five minutes rest for every continuously completed hour of bouncing is permitted
• Timekeepers and witnesses are required throughout the duration of the event
• The entire event will be videotaped
Members of the Cornell Community are invited to bounce with the record-breaking brothers for a small fee which will be donated to the Advocacy Center which combats sexual violence and abuse. Proceeds from snacks and drinks will also be donated.
Beta Theta Pi is one of North America’s oldest social fraternities with over 130 chapters and colonies. The Beta Delta Chapter at Cornell University has been in continuous operation since 1879 and seeks to engage the community in philanthropy events.