ITHACA, N.Y. — An Ithaca man was indicted Thursday at Tompkins County Court for possession of crack cocaine, heroin and multiple counts of illegal possession of a weapon.
Benjamin Spradlin, 40, was arrested on Aug. 7 after police responded to a call reporting a suspicious person inside a parked car. Upon searching the car, police say Spradlin was found to possess about 26 grams of crack cocaine, eight grams of heroin, a stun gun, a handgun and over $8,050 in stolen U.S. Savings Bonds.
Spradlin was indicted with counts of:
- Second-degree criminal possession of a weapon
- Third-degree criminal possession of a weapon
- Third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (3 counts)
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Third-degree criminal possession of stolen property
He was previously held in Tompkins County Jail without bail, but an official said Thursday afternoon that he was no longer in custody.