ITHACA, N.Y. — After being cruelly teased with beautifully warm weather and sunshine for days, Ithacans will definitely be seeing snow this weekend.

[do_widget id= text-55 ]

The National Weather Service states that after two day of rain, beginning Thursday afternoon and lasting until Saturday, snowflakes will start to fall Saturday night.

There’s a 70 percent chance of snow and the low temperatures that night will be in the mid-20s. The weather service says the snow will continue Sunday with a 30 percent chance of snow that will increase into the evening.

Monday, a 60 percent chance of snow is expected throughout the day and night.

No snow is currently predicted Tuesday, but high temperatures will be just above freezing.

While most of Ithaca is crying into potted plants (Not that I potted plants last weekend) and sulking over recently purchased sun dresses (Not that I recently purchased sun dresses) there are some strange people out there who might be thinking that the snow could be one last chance to break out the winter toys.

Well, misery enjoys company. Initial reports show that less than an inch of snow will likely accumulate in the Ithaca area.

Images found on rebloggy.com

[do_widget id= text-61 ]

Jolene Almendarez

Jolene Almendarez is Managing Editor at The Ithaca Voice. She can be reached at jalmendarez@ithacavoice.com; you can learn more about her at the links in the top right of this box.