LANSING, N.Y. — An early Sunday morning fire ripped through at least five apartments in the village of Lansing, a Tompkins County 911 dispatcher said.

[do_widget id= text-55 ]

The blaze was reported at 12:46 a.m. at 100 Graham Road at the Meadows at Ithaca Apartments, where firefighters were met with heavy flames and smoke when they got to the scene.

Photo by Jolene Almendarez

Lansing Fire Chief Scott Purcell said no injuries were reported.

He said seven of the eight units were occupied but he’s unsure how many people were ousted from their homes.

Officials said the fire likely started from an unattended frying pan in the first-floor kitchen of Apartment E.

The Lansing Fire Department, Cayuga Heights Fire Department and Ithaca Fire Department responded to the blaze along with the Tompkins County Sheriff’s Office, American Red Cross and Bangs Ambulance.

The scene was cleared just before 6 a.m.

Photo by Jolene Almendarez

[do_widget id= text-61 ]

Jolene Almendarez

Jolene Almendarez is Managing Editor at The Ithaca Voice. She can be reached at jalmendarez@ithacavoice.com; you can learn more about her at the links in the top right of this box.