ITHACA, N.Y. — Firefighters put out an early morning fire Monday in the city of Ithaca at Lakeview Mental Health.
[do_widget id= text-55 ]
The blaze was reported at 3:08 a.m. at 320 Third St. after a fire alarm in the building went off, officials said in a news release. Firefighters arrived within minutes and found the building filling with smoke.
A second alarm went off and crews began to search the building where they found flames in a laundry room locate don the second floor.
One resident was removed from an adjacent apartment and all 45 occupants were cleared from the building. A TCAT bus responded to the building to keep them warm as temperatures were in the 30s Monday morning. No injuries were reported.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the laundry room and said the blaze was under control by 3:30 a.m. Fans were used to clear smoke and carbon monoxide from the building.
Ithaca police officers and Bangs Ambulance also responded to the scene while the Cayuga Heights Fire Department and several off duty Ithaca firefighters stood by at Ithaca Central Station to cover other calls for service.
[do_widget id= text-61 ]