ITHACA, N.Y. — Two residents were forced from their homes late Monday night by a fire on South Titus Avenue in Ithaca.
[do_widget id= text-55 ]
The Ithaca Fire Department was called to 109 South Titus Avenue around 8 p.m. for reports of smoke and fire coming from the building.
They arrived within three minutes and “could see flames and smoke” in the kitchen of one of the apartments. One crew conducted a sweep and made sure the residents were safely outside while another group of firefighters entered the apartment with a hose and attacked the blaze.
“The fire was contained within minutes,” a news release from IFD said.”Firefighters completed their work checking for fire extension and metering the entire structure for residual carbon monoxide gas.”
The Ithaca Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Ithaca Police Department and Bangs Ambulance.
Cayuga Heights Fire Department stood by at their station to cover any additional calls in the city.
[do_widget id= text-61 ]