ITHACA, N.Y. — Ithaca firefighters put out a blaze at 612 Cliff Street around 4 a.m. Wednesday morning that appears to have been started by unattended candles.

SPONSORED

[fvplayer src=”https://vimeo.com/123147381″ loop=”fale” mobile=”https://vimeo.com/123147381″]

Tompkins Trust Company
Find Out More about Business Banking

The following account comes from a news release by the Ithaca Fire Department:

Firefighters arriving at the 2 1/2 story home on Cliff Street found fire on the second floor and smoke within the home. The residents had made it outside but were unsure if there was anyone else home.

The fire was extinguished and cleared of smoke and firefighters searched the rest of the home. Bangs Ambulance was on standby.

“The fire was contained to the bedroom and no occupants or firefighters were injured in the blaze,” a news release said.

“The Ithaca Fire Department reminds everyone to have working smoke detectors in their homes and to not leave candles unattended.”


Follow The Ithaca Voice on Facebook | Twitter

Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein is the founder and former editor of the Ithaca Voice.