ITHACA, N.Y. — A flood warning has been issued for the Cayuga Lake shoreline in Ithaca, the National Weather Service reports.

SPONSORED

[fvplayer src=”https://vimeo.com/127071208″ loop=”false” autoplay=”true” mobile=”https://vimeo.com/127071208″]

INHS
Become an educated home buyer

Minor flooding is happening on the shoreline Thursday afternoon and expected to continue as Tropical Depression Bill moves toward the region, Accuweather reports.

The flood stage for the lake is 383.5 feet. At 1 p.m., gauges showed that water was at 384.1 feet.

Flooding is likely along the south end of the lake, which will impact Stewart Park and Allan H. Treman State Marine Park.

The weather service is reporting a 60 percent chance for rain and thunderstorms Thursday night. Friday and Saturday will bring a 30 to 40 percent chance of rain. There is a 70 percent chance of rain Sunday and other showers predicted next week.

Contact Jolene Almendarez anytime: 907-854-3248 | Email | Twitter | Facebook


Follow The Ithaca Voice on Facebook | Twitter

Jolene Almendarez

Jolene Almendarez is Managing Editor at The Ithaca Voice. She can be reached at jalmendarez@ithacavoice.com; you can learn more about her at the links in the top right of this box.