The following is a republished press release … to submit community announcements to The Voice, contact us at email@example.com.
[fvplayer src=”https://vimeo.com/123147381″ loop=”fale” mobile=”https://vimeo.com/123147381″]
Tompkins Trust Company
Find Out More about Business Banking
ITHACA, N.Y. – Tower Road on the Cornell University campus will be closed from Garden Avenue to the Plant Science Building, from June 8 through Aug. 19, for a utilities and safety improvements project.
The project will replace an aging steam line, repair utility vaults, expand the Cornell Information Technology infrastructure, and improve the safety of the intersection.
Improvements include a bus pull-off and shelter on the north side of Tower Road near Kennedy Hall; installation of pole-mounted lights and pedestrian and vehicle signaling at the intersection; new crosswalks with curb cuts, detectable warnings and a concrete sidewalk from Garden Avenue to Kennedy Hall that meet the Americans with Disabilities Act guidelines; construction of an asphalt egress path from Corson Mudd Hall to Garden Avenue; and a bicycle lane on the north side of Tower Road.
Construction of the intersection corners will be phased to allow north–south through traffic on Garden Avenue and, except for a three-week closure, east-west between Garden and East avenues on Tower Road. Travel through the intersection will be reduced to single lane and pedestrians will be routed around the intersection. Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.
Parking impacts are expected to be minimal. Permit holders will have access to both entrances to the Alumni Field parking lot. Motorcycle, ADA-accessible, MT and FLEX parking spaces will be relocated to nearby spaces (see below in Parking section).
Affected bus stops on East Avenue and Campus Road will be relocated temporarily. Information regarding the detour route and alternate stop locations will be posted at bus shelters and on TCAT’s website.
This project is part of the Tower Road Safety Improvements Project and the Campus Master Plan.
Transit changes: TCAT and out-of-county buses will follow a detour route for the duration of the project.
• TCAT will temporarily relocate affected bus stops to East Avenue and Campus Road.
• Out-of-county transit providers will follow the TCAT detour and use the relocated bus stops.
• TCAT will provide a turn-by-turn detour route and list of affected routes and stops; Transportation Services and TCAT will work in tandem to notify passengers.
• Accessible parking in the Plant Science lot will be moved to the Bradfield Hall parking lot, replacing the MT and Flex spaces.
• MT parking will be relocated from the Bradfield Hall parking lot to the bus pull off near Bradfield Hall (north side of Tower Road). Temporary signs will be posted.
• FLEX parking spaces at Bradfield Hall will be moved to the Alumni Field parking lot.
• Motorcycle permit parking will be relocated from the closed portion of Tower Road (near Corson and Mudd Halls) and the Plant Science lot to the bus pull-off at Bradfield Hall (across the street; south side of Tower Road). Temporary signs will be posted.
• Child Lab – Research lab parking (Uris Hall) will remain in place.
• Ithaca Carshare: moving its Central Campus location for the summer and will be using the Hasbrouck Apartments for a summer trial. (Correction: A previous story incorrectly said that the reserved space will relocate to Barton Hall.)
• From the West: Delivery vehicles will have access to Tower Road/Garden Avenue from East Avenue. Through traffic will be reduced to one lane at the intersection of Garden Avenue and Tower Road.
• From the East: Delivery vehicles will have access up to the Bradfield Hall parking lot. Deliveries to Corson and Mudd Halls will be routed to the Weill Hall/Biotechnology Building loading docks.
• From the South: Delivery vehicles will be able to access all of Garden Ave./Garden Ave. Extension from Campus Road. Through traffic will be reduced to one lane at the intersection with Tower Road.