Newfield, N.Y. — A family of four people lost its home in a Newfield mobile home fire on Tuesday, according to an online fundraiser.
[fvplayer src=”https://vimeo.com/118744863″ loop=”fale” mobile=”https://vimeo.com/120846728″]
Learn How Ithaca Hummus Makes Its Magic
The fire began around 2 p.m. on Tuesday on the 200 block of Valley Manor Drive. It destroyed a mobile home of two parents and their two children, ages 4 and 7, says a GoFundMe page started today to raise money for the family.
So far, the drive has raised about $1,500 toward a $25,000 goal, according to GoFundMe. The parents are identified in the fundraiser as Marcus and Kim Wemmer.
“The home burned to the ground along with all of their possessions. They had no insurance and have 2 children …
This fund is to help them in any way possible, they need to buy a new home, clothes for themselves and their children, beds, kitchenware, and anything else found in a home. Any donations would be greatly appreciated.”
The fire began due to a “water heater explosion,” according to the GoFundMe page.