James Bosjolie has recorded a gem of a video that captures the sights and sounds of this year’s Ithaca Festival Parade.
It’s great viewing for all those who may already feel nostalgic about the event, held this year on Thursday, May 29.
Here are some of our favorite moments:
– More than a dozen little kids aboard The East Ithaca Preschool’s float at 1:34 adorably blowing their whistles and waving posters.
– The sign with a Monty Python quote at 1:56 that just about captures the whole parade: “And now for something completely different.”
– The woman with the Primitive Pursuits entourage wearing an outfit made of branches and leaves at 3:06. She looks like an environmentally-conscious scarecrow. Well done.
– The kid with the green bandana at 3:40 rocking the snare drum at the front of the Ithaca Montessori School’s marching band. Never before was a beat so masterfully kept.
– The Cascadilla Boat Club at 4:05 rowing forward through imaginary water.
– The woman at 4:19 who somehow puts her foot next to her head while atop a truck painted with a zebra and a fish.
– The delicious-looking cupcakes with people in them at 5:39. The chef’s caps for GreenStar’s portion of the parade is pretty great, too.
– The Ithaca Generator folks with the stuffed orange lizards attached to their bikes at 7:30.
– The guys rolling around on top of a car at 9:20. Nice leggings.
– The men and women of the Ithaca Celtic Festival at 10:03 with the kilts and bagpipes who are perfectly on key and in step.
– The trombonist at 10:55, for serenading the videographer.